I promised Traci I would make her a Coptic bound sketchbook and it's finally here!! Very exciting. It's identical to the one I made myself last semester except that the waxed linen thread is white instead of blue (and the end pages are a different pattern). Here are a few process shots:
...and here is the end result:
Today was a very good bookbinding day. I only poked myself with the needle four times (and that was at the very very end of the sewing process), I didn't get a single drop of glue on the covers, and I didn't run out of thread. It took me five hours straight to complete it from start to finish and I am very very happy with the outcome.