Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Process

Katherine Streeter was our next teacher for the personal viewpoints class (equally as awesome as Jessica Hische). I love the variety of projects we get to work on in that class! I got to create several editorial pieces during our sessions with Katherine and here is my process for a piece on hypochondria; the man who wrote the article was a prisoner of his mind and tied down because he always thought he was ill.

I saved a medical bracelet form a past hospital visit, so I used it for my reference shot (along with my roommates necklace).


Here's the final sketch. I enlarged the chain so it would resemble a chain and shackle.


Then I transferred the sketch to hot pressed watercolor paper and started painting.


The photo button has officially stopped working so the final piece will be posted when the button likes me again.
..... button likes me again yay!! I figured i would just add it to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment