Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Drawing on Location: World Trade Center

Aloha!! For those of you who I didn't tell, I'm in my first year at the School of Visual Arts Illustration as Visual Essay program (which I am absolutely loving!). Friday's I have Drawing on Location. Every other week we go to a different location to draw. The weeks we don't go out we draw the figure in the studio.

This past Friday we were able to go to a building opposite the World Trade Center site to draw the view. We were on the 49th floor and had a 360 degree view of the buildings below (the walls were nothing but glass windows). Here are some pictures of the view, as well as two drawings I created that day.

^the cars looked like toys^


^where the World Trade Centers stood...they are going to be reflecting pools now^
^crane on top of the new building they are constructing^

^I could see the Brooklyn Bridge :)^

No comments:

Post a Comment